Residence permits and „transport documents“ issued in France under the Withdrawal Agreement allow their holders to travel to other countries that are part of the Schengen area for periods not exceeding three months per semester. EU residence permits issued to UK nationals and their family members will no longer be valid from 1 October 2021. An online application must be made on this website in order to obtain a residence permit with the inscription „Withdrawal Agreement of the United Kingdom from the EU“. Residence permits issued in accordance with the Withdrawal Agreement will be issued free of charge. The family member (spouse, partner, children, ascendants of British or third-country nationality) of a British national who entered France before 1 January 2021 may, after 1 January 2021, be able to enter into France after 1 January 2021. January 2021 and benefit from the withdrawal agreement if it corresponds to one of the following situations: British nationals who have carried out an economic activity in France before 1 January, in 2021 you can apply for a „movement document“ valid for 5 years. It will be endorsed by „Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union – Non-residents“. From 1 October 2021, all UK citizens must be in possession of either a special residence permit under the Withdrawal Agreement (if they arrived in France before 31 December 2020) or a standard residence permit (if they arrived in France on or after 1 January 2021). However, in order to ensure legal certainty, transitional provisions are envisaged to allow British nationals who have resided in France for several years until the date of withdrawal and who, as such, could have claimed French nationality on the basis of the legislation in force before that date, to apply for French nationality without being invoked on the illegality of their place of residence. Becomes. However, those who arrive in France after the withdrawal date, or after December 31, 2020, if there is a withdrawal agreement, will have to sign a republican integration treaty in the same way as citizens of non-EU countries.

The list of documents to be submitted in support of an application for a residence permit or „movement document“ under the Withdrawal Agreement is available on the dedicated platform (Regulation of 20 November 2020 with the list of documents to be submitted by British nationals for the issue of residence permits marked „Withdrawal Agreement of the United Kingdom from the EU“) and varies according to your Situation. Third-country nationals, family members of British nationals, can no longer apply for a visa as „family members of EU citizens“ (unless your British family member has benefited from the Withdrawal Agreement and resides in France). They are subject to the rules of the Community Code of Short-Stay Visas (CCV): you must pay the visa fee and present all the documents according to the purpose of your stay in France. Those who wish to settle in France must apply for a long-term visa. Article 21-27, paragraphs 2 and 3, of the French Civil Code provides: „No one may acquire French nationality or find there if he (…) has been the subject of either an exclusion order that has not been expressly revoked or revoked, or a banishment from French territory that has not been fully implemented. The same applies to persons whose stay in France is illegal under the legislation and conventions relating to the residence of aliens in France. » Residence permit with the note „Permanent residence – Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union“ Following the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union on 31 January 2020, a withdrawal agreement with specific provisions for the right of residence of British citizens was adopted. UK nationals who applied for a Brexit residence permit online without a deal and have since moved to another department will need to complete a new online application. This Withdrawal Agreement provided for a transitional period until 31 December 2020, during which EU laws continued to apply and you could come to France without having to hold a visa or residence permit. After the 4th. In October 2021, people who are still entitled to the withdrawal agreement must contact the prefecture of their place of residence to submit their application. The residence permits „Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union“, „Permanent residence – Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union“ and the „Circulating document“ „Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union – Non-residents“ confer the right to exercise any professional activity […].